Ghana Email Fundraising Letter

The Glory of Ghana 
Conservation & Sustainability Fundraising Letter

Dear ________,

As friends of mine, and being the good people that you are - I'd like your help with something!

In 2015, I will join a group of volunteers going to Africa on a mission to help improve living standards in Jasikan, Ghana. Jasikan itself is a safe town, enveloped by a lush, mountainous surrounding area, and well-known for a lively and huge open market that attracts people from all over Ghana and Togo. Despite the natural beauty, Jasikan and surrounding communities are facing a variety of challenges ranging from lack of clean water in rural areas to a workforce untrained in the use of modern tools.

Through a program called Globe Aware, I'll help by volunteering my time, effort and money work with a locally organized group but with projects in numerous surrounding villages. Projects are in one of two areas: the first is supporting rural communities through a variety of objectives and second are activities related to global education and intercultural learning.

We might also have the opportunity to help with the construction of wells or water systems which can save lives in the dry season, or build libraries or internet training centers. The volunteers and I will also help with teaching English, which is so valuable learning from a native English speaker.

By making a pledge on my behalf, you are supporting the development of these children toward future independence, and contributing to a greater world of understanding and awareness. While I'll be personally paying for travel to Ghana and other incurred costs, there is a $_____ program cost. Over 85% of your contribution goes directly to the programs; the other 15% is administration. Your donation is 100% tax deductible and you will receive a receipt for your tax records.

I appreciate your consideration in sponsoring me. Your support, no matter what the amount, is deeply appreciated. You can donate online, by clicking the link below.

Click on this link to help support me in my efforts to aid a community trying to achieve self-sustainability: SPONSOR

Globe Aware, a non-profit volunteer organization, is leading and organizing the program. Upon my return, I will send out a brief recap of the volunteer experience to all my sponsors. Thank you in advance for your support. Please call me if you have any questions or comments about this program. I can be reached at phone number.


___________Your Name

Back to top