Destination South Africa: Conservation & Sustainability Fundraising Letter
As friends of mine, and being the good people that you are - I'd like your help with something!
In 2015, I will join a group of volunteers going to Africa on a mission to help improve living standards in the Imizano Yetho Township. This is within the Cape Town suburb of Hout Bay. The township is part of an overcrowded community with their community members living in makeshift shacks. Through a program called Globe Aware, I'll help by volunteering my time, effort and money to build and aid in helping to improve and maintain informal community and pre-school care centers, assisting with the refurbishment of the Community Youth Centre, helping to rebuild shacks lost due to fires, replacing simple roofing, home waterproofing, installing concrete flooring and more.
By making a pledge on my behalf, you are supporting the improvement of living conditions, access to education and contributing to a greater world of understanding and awareness. While I'll be personally paying for travel to South Africa and other incurred costs, there is a $1,430 program cost. Over 85% of your contribution goes directly to the programs; the other 15% is administration. Your donation is 100% tax deductible and you will receive a receipt for your tax records.
I appreciate your consideration in sponsoring me. Your support, no matter what the amount, is deeply appreciated. You can donate online, by clicking the link below.
Click on this link to help support me in my efforts to aid a community trying to achieve self-sustainability:http://www.globeaware.org/sponsor-volunteer-vacationer
Globe Aware, a non-profit volunteer organization, is leading and organizing the program. Upon my return, I will send out a brief recap of the volunteer experience to all my sponsors. Thank you in advance for your support. Please call me if you have any questions or comments about this program. I can be reached at phone number.