Scholarships and Fundraising Resources
- The deadline for the GO! Volunteer Abroad scholarship application is September 15th. The award for each GO! Volunteer Abroad scholarship is $1,000.
- Apply for a $5,000 Voluntourism grant from Travelocity's Travel for Good program (Please do not apply if you are under 18 unless you are traveling with a parent or legal guardian.)
- Email Fundraising Campaign
- Email Fundraising Campaignwith included thank you gift (con: reduces amount you keep per donation pro: may dramatically increase volume of contributors to your campaign)
- Your Employer May Have a Contribution Matching Program
- Teachers may be able to get support from Fund for Teachers©
- There are a number of other grants you can look into
- Check with local civic organizations
- Register with Phoneraiser and start a campaign to earn money while recycling old cell phones and ink cartridges.www.phoneraiser.com
- The Foundation for Global Scholars has four scholarship options. Their "mission is to create global citizens and leaders by assisting students in achieving their personal and professional goals of obtaining cultural and academic experiences throughout the world.
- The Student Youth Travel Association Youth Foundation also has four options that are available at different times of the year.
*Globe Aware’s US based bank, JP Morgan Chase, charges about $50 per check (and takes about 30 days) to process Canadian funds. For this reason, we ask that our Canadian volunteers and sponsors try to use credit cards, Paypal, or direct money wires. If neither is possible, please contact our offices to see if there are any other alternatives we may be able to arrange for you.